Rescue is Coming...: Collections (warning: Its a long one)        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Collections (warning: Its a long one)


I feel like posting again, even if no one reads this.

Alots been going on.
Praying hard for the Hewitts and their baby girl.
Praying for Lindsay.
School is almost out (thank goodness!)
Loving my job!
Had a chance to Celebrate our kids on May 21st. That was a really emotional day for me. Putting aside lack of sleep and stress...I still was really emotional. I had not been back in the sanctuary since my grandpa died...And that was really hard to do. and when I finally stopped crying and walked in, I heard the 4's singing I believe I can fly, Now....a few months ago, this wouldn't have made me cry.but this song was sung after Michael's funeral, and emotionally, I couldn't handle it. I had to leave. Another thing that was getting me down, was knowing that Haley wasn't going to be there that night. She wasn't going to graduate with the rest of her class. Now, I know that she is WAY better off than we are! She is sitting on our daddy's lap in heaven, with no more pain,tears,hurt,sorrow, and she is being loved on by the greatest lover of all time! She's playing with her brother, and looking down on all of us and sending us signs saying they are having a grand old time. if after reading that, and your not smiling...something's wrong. how can we not be excited for Haley and Parker! I know they will be greeting us at the doors of Heaven and will be so excited to show us around. How I can't wait for the day I'm reunited with Haley, Parker, Papa, Michael and I hope..Zack.
To finish up on what happened at Celebrate Kids...It went amazing! All the age groups got to sing, we watched video's of the 4's, Babies and then everyone else. and at the end, We passed out little flameless tea lights with the bible verse from Matthew about shining your light for all men to see. We then challanged everyone to shine their light for the world to see and we sang this little light of mine with the lights cut out. This turned out to be WAY TOO COOL! Here is a link to the pictures from Celebrate Kids
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=174403&id=710259341&l=0bf2da1ee4

Lets see what else I can share...
Love my job. Love the kids. They make my heart melt everyday. Sometimes it's just their smile, something they say, how they always run and give me hugs. Its like, How can you not Love a job like this?! These kids are the bomb and nothing you say will change how much I love them! Nothing can take away my love for the daycare and the kids and the amazing people I work with! ah!

Bible study time:
So lately I've been reading this book called Living with Quetions. Its a great book, really digs deep first helping you identify what truth and real truth are. then based on that, sorting out why things happen and how the devil tries to break his way into your life...I can't really explain it, and since the book is at work, I can't put the passage I want to up here. so I'll save that for next blog entry. I'm also working on my bible study for Costa Rica (Which is in less that 2 weeks! Ah!) Its Philippians 1. Good stuff! Ask me about it some time and i'll let you know what I have. AND I'm apart of the bible study group for Costa Rica...So this means Me (and the other 3 people in my group) have a HUGE responsablitiy. we are in charge of the bible study, which is the basis for the rest of the day and this is our only shot of sharing the gospel. we are still struggling with how we are going to approch this, so help and ideas would be greatly appricated! We are doing it basiclly on Jesus dying on the cross and rising for us! I know its a story we have heard a million times, but these kids haven't ever, and my prayer is that we won't get caught up on worldy stuff and that we can be open and let Christ use us to relay his words, not ours. Will you join me in that prayer?!

Well, I'm going to wrap up by saying this. God has a plan. God has a plan for everything that goes on in our lives. If he brings us to it, he will bring us through it. He also has a reason for taking certin people out of our lives. I know that's something I struggle with. I ask God, Did you really have to take Michael? did you have to take Haley and Parker? Why Zack? Why Suzanne or Papa? Haven't you taken enough people out of my life? But I hear him whispering to me, Callie. Don't you understand? I have a plan. trust me. Be still and trust me. Someone told me the other day that God doesn't show us the whole path. He just shines enough light for us to take a step. We have to rely on him for him to lead us in the right direction. and that is what i'm slowly learning to do. I've tried for so long to hide my struggling. and I don't have to. Everyone does, and its not like i'm going to be a freak if I don't struggle. I'd probably be considered weird if I didn't struggle. But hiding my feelings ands struggles is something I'm still dealing with. Call me out on it if you see me doing it. okay?! Please! I hope you have a great week. Praying for all of you!

Thanks for reading.

Until next time,
Callie

Listening to: Let your light shine by Hillsong kids and Praise you in this storm by Casting Crowns.



No comments: