Rescue is Coming...: Grace and Orange        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grace and Orange

Today...
A lot has been on my mind.
I have wondered where I would be if some of life's challenges hadn't been thrown my way. Would I have the same relationship I have with Christ? Would I be here at all? I'll never know, because that is not the way things are. I am saved, by grace. Something that is so hard to grasp. Grace. Do you know what that truly means?
Grace is complete forgiveness that I can't, by any means earn. It's a pure gift from God that we don't deserve and it can't come from any one else.

For someone like me who likes logic and likes to wrap my mind around stuff, this is a hard one, but Christ has been working so that I don't have to understand it. We can't fit God into the small window that our mind can comprehend. He is so much bigger!

Another thing i've been thinking about has to do with this really awesome children's ministry conference called Orange! If church and parents come together and collide, the 2  can make a much bigger impact that 2 separate influences. I was invited to attend, but God didn't have that in mind for me this year. I have had the chance to watch some of the worship time and group time online though, and all I can say is WOW! God has been stirring some thoughts around for the past 2 days. I may not be there at the conference, but God is teaching me some awesome stuff! and I'm getting really excited about what God is going to do through me and the other leaders at CBC. Things are getting ready to change at CBC, but instead of looking at it as a loss, I'm choosing to look at it as a new chapter. There has been a few times where I have always wondered what it would be like to be apart of a church such as Elevation or Newspring where they see people getting saved by the 100's and their pastors are well known...I thought, why can't I be apart of one of those church's that are obviously making an impact in 100's of peoples lives...This week, God has opened up a new idea in my head. He asked me, "Why can't CBC be a church like that?" Wow! I haven't even thought of that! I haven't even thought of praying for God to do that in our church. 

What if we did start praying that?
What if we gave God the opportunity to expand our ministry? 
What if we completely hand our ministry over to God?

I believe the possibilities could be endless!

I admit, I haven't been praying for this ministry the way I should be. I haven't prayed that God will be doing awesome things through us, and that he take full control. Some might say that's because of my age, and it's not. It's because up until now, I had not set any expectations for our ministry. 

I believe God is calling me to work with these kids. I believe he moved me from one place to another in order to strategically place me where I would grow the most, but also where he wants me to lead and ultimately bless me and the ministry I work with. Yes, I am a teenager, I'm 17 and proud of it. I seriously dare someone to put limitations on me because of my age. God doesn't put limitations on age. I've seen some 3 and 4 year old's who get the gospel better than some adults.

I am 17, fully devoted, and set on seeking God's will for me and my life. 

Lord,
I come before you praying that you will take full control of our ministry. Lord, I believe that you can expand it, bless it and make it fruitful, you can make it into an effective ministry that's sole focus is to help families become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Lord, here I am, arms and heart wide open. Transform my heart into a heart of a servant and leader for you only. You alone are in control.


In Christ,
Callie Goodwin


No comments: