Rescue is Coming...: Thinking...        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Monday, February 21, 2011

Thinking...

Today, I spent a lot of time thinking...
and when I get really thinking, I end up finding how far I've turned from Christ.
Today has been an emotional day. This weekend was amazing. I got a chance to spend it with both churches...Friday night at chapin baptist at the Some Kind of Zombie Lock-In. The rest of the weekend was full of amazing speaker, worship band, and service projects in a cool event we like to call IMPACT at Gateway. This weekend, Brian spoke on having stuff in our lives that is keeping us from focusing on Christ.

Quote of the Weekend:
Faith is living according to His truth and His truth alone despite circumstances, emotions, or cultural trends.

This weekend I've been struggling. Not just with lack of sleep, but with emotionally. I've been trying to get to a point where I don't miss Michael, Zack and Amara as much, but that point just hasn't come. I'm pretty sure whoever came up with the saying, Time heals, was wrong. Time doesn't heal, Jesus does. I'm praying that my heart will be healed, that I will remember to praise God during this storm. I have a few song lyrics that have been playing in my head this week.

Praise You in this Storm:
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


Who You'd Be Today

Sunny days seem to hurt the most.
I wear the pain like a heavy coat.
I feel you everywhere I go.
I see your smile, I see your face,
I hear you laughin' in the rain.
I still can't believe you're gone.

It ain't fair: you died too young,
Like the story that had just begun,
But death tore the pages all away.
God knows how I miss you,
All the junk that I've been through,
Just knowin' no-one could take your place.
An' sometimes I wonder,
Who'd you be today?

I'm Not Alright
I’m not alright
I’m broken inside, broken inside
And all I go through
It leads me to you, it leads me to you

Burn away the pride
Bring me to my weakness
Until everything I hide behind is gone
And when I’m open wide
With nothing left to cling to
Only you are there to lead me on
Cause honestly, I’m not that strong

I'm praying that God will give me a peace that can only come from him. A peace that will surround me completely and fully. I'm praying that will be able to live according to His truth and His truth alone despite circumstances and emotions.

Thank you Jesus for everything you have done for me. thank you for allowing me to have an amazing group of believers that you use to always lift me up. Thank you for being my constent, and not giving up on me...Ever.
I can only find myself in you.
In your mighty, holy, all powerful name I pray,
Amen.

Thanks for Reading,

Callie


Listening to: Who You'd Be Today.

No comments: