Rescue is Coming...: Mended        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mended

"Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear my words." So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of the Lord came to me:"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel."
-Jeremiah 18:2-6

Today, I bought a perfectly good pitcher at the store. 



I went home, and smashed it against the concrete.


 I have heard about smashing glass and how it is suppose to make you feel better. Well, it did. I sat there a few seconds taking it all in. and then I gathered the pieces, and made way to my room to put it back together. I got the hot glue gun, and started sifting through the pieces. I talked to God while I was working. as I was working, God showed me a lot. I begin to think of my past. Mistakes I made, thing's I have done. I realized the pitcher was my life, and every piece was part of a story that he had chosen to put together. I began to remember things I had forgotten. It took a while to finish, but it was time well spent.

Here you are Callie. You are mended. You are filled with My Spirit. and I am asking you to pour yourself out. 

The idea of my life as a broken pitcher is beautiful to me. but, it is also hard to look at. I wished I had been different. I wished I had always followed him the way I should have. I was mad at the cracks, and breaks, time spent wasted, and the holes where it should be smooth. But God, my almighty father, was telling me,

My dearest Callie. How do you think the world has seen me? If it wasn't for the cracks, the breaks, I couldn't seep out the way I do. I chose the pitcher,. I chose you, just as you are. 

I challenge you to do the same. find a vase, or pitcher, smash it, and then put it back together. Let Him tell you who you are, and let yourself be reminded of the grace that seals us all.

I know you have had seasons of life that are unmendable. I know I have. but despite the hurt and heartache, it is never too late for HIm to sculpt you into something beautiful. Allow the Lord to remind you that you aren't a mistake.

Allow god to remind you of His great love for you. His precious vessel.


In Christ,
Callie


Listening to: Let the Waters Rise By Mikeschair


No comments: